Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- CMOs should be measured by their results, not their spend
Dec 12, 2017 by Joe Hyland
Columnist Joe Hyland believes the most successful CMOs aren’t the ones who spend the most money; they’re the ones who invest in sophisticated martech stacks that produce big returns on revenue in the long term.
- Twitter officially adds support for tweetstorms because 280 characters isn’t long enough
Dec 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter is rolling out an option for people to string together tweets into a thread over “the coming weeks,” the company said on Tuesday.
- 5 local search tactics your competitors probably aren’t using
Dec 12, 2017 by Sherry Bonelli
When you and your competitors are all adhering to local SEO best practices, how can you differentiate your business from the rest? Columnist Sherry Bonelli has some ideas.
- Instagram’s hashtag following could be a new avenue for ads, misuse
Dec 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
People following a hashtag will see top posts and Stories featuring the hashtag in their Instagram feeds alongside their friends’ posts.
- Compare 18 leading personalization software vendors
Dec 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Consumer expectations about the digital shopping experience have never been higher. As marketers try to provide prospects and customers with the right message, on the right screen, at the right time, consumers expect relevant, personalized content and offers that cater to their needs in any given moment.
- How on-site search can drive holiday revenue & help e-commerce sites compete against major retailers
Dec 12, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
According to SLI Systems, people who use on-site search are more likely to make a purchase than visitors who only browse a website.
- 3 important search engines to leverage for content marketing
Dec 12, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
If you want to up your content marketing game, you need to think about search engine optimization. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen discusses SEO best practices for content marketers.
- Why brand marketers often win the battle but lose the war
Dec 12, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
What’s the point of CTR if you’re not paying attention to ROI? Columnist David Rodnitzky believes marketers need to look beyond the basic metrics to ensure they’re measuring revenue impact.
- DeepIntent decides to take on the Russian ad army
Dec 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
The New York City-based ad tech firm is launching what it says is the first political ad verification service by a DSP.
- AdWords advertisers can use phone numbers & addresses for Google Customer Match targeting
Dec 12, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google Customer Match becomes more accessible to advertisers that don’t have large customer email lists.
- Google’s new custom intent audiences and you
Dec 11, 2017 by Allen Finn
Columnist Allen Finn shares his thoughts on Google’s new custom intent audiences before diving into how you can add them to your Display campaigns.
- How to increase database integrity to crush your 2018 targets
Dec 11, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
As you start planning your budgets and targets for the coming year, data will be front and center. Columnist Scott Vaughan shares four strategies to help you commit to a data integrity plan in 2018.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10,000 Hours of Practice Won’t Increase Conversions (But This Will), Crazy Egg
- 14 Tips to Help Businesses Get More From Social Media, CMS Wire
- 4 Studies That Show How E-Commerce Changed in 2017, Convince and Convert
- 5 Ways to Overcome Customer Ad Fatigue, Search Engine People
- Convincing People that Your Brand Is the Best Choice, Compukol
- How To Do A Social Media Audit (Simple Steps, Big Return), Ignite Visibility
- How to Spy on Your Customers to Get Blog Ideas, Search Engine Journal
- Moving to a Local Selling Model, Facebook Newsroom
- Pinterest 100: The top trends to try in 2018, Pinterest Blog
- YouTube TV hits 34 new markets, TechCrunch