Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snapchat rolls out conversion-tracking Snap Pixel for brands to tie site traffic to in-app ads
Nov 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Initially, Snapchat’s tag can only be used to measure conversions, but eventually, brands will be able to use it to retarget site visitors and create lookalike audiences.
- ‘Ask Me Anything’ with Google’s Gary Illyes at SMX East
Nov 1, 2017 by Eric Enge
Have questions about Google’s stance on organic rankings? On featured snippets? On the mobile-first algorithm? Get answers in contributor Eric Enge’s recap of this informative session at Search Engine Land’s recent conference.
- 3 ABM themes to expect at Dreamforce 2017
Nov 1, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
More people are paying attention to Account-Based Marketing, and the conference attendees at Dreamforce are no exception. Columnist Peter Isaacson discusses three ABM themes that will dominate the event.
- The ever-growing local search universe
Nov 1, 2017 by Adam Dorfman
Columnist Adam Dorfman discusses the current local search ecosystem and emphasizes the need to regularly optimize your data and content so that your business can be found where people are searching.
- SmartCommerce brings the impulse-buying experience online for CPG brands this holiday season
Nov 1, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Jennifer Silverberg, SmartCommerce CEO, asks, If a brand makes a you want something online, why wouldn’t they create an easy path to purchase it?
- How to scale local events
Nov 1, 2017 by Megan Hannay
Whether you’re working with a small budget or at scale, columnist Megan Hannay says local events sponsorship can be a boon for marketers, particularly when you use seasonality to your advantage.
- Amazon gets top net-promoter score among SMB vendors according to survey
Nov 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Google AdWords, Bing and Facebook Ads were all in negative territory.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Insightful Conversations About the Future of Content, Contently
- Amazon launches Black Friday deals – 50 days early, Retail Dive
- Consumer-Take: Gender Targeting & Stereotyping In Digital Advertising, MarTech Advisor
- How Jukin Media is Leveraging Original Video Content After Viral Success, Tubular Insights
- Microsoft rolls out LinkedIn integrations in Outlook.com, TechCrunch
- October Highlights in Facebook Business News, Facebook Business
- Overhyped Marketing Buzzwords and Concepts, MarketingProfs
- Using Social Media to Drive Your Mobile Web Traffic, Socialbakers
- Voice Search Optimization 101: What Marketers Need to Know, CMS Wire
- Why Revenue Teams Need to Go All-in on Technology, Marketo