Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Ask the #SMXperts series — Advanced audience targeting
Jun 8, 2018 by Debra Mastaler
In this extended Q&A from SMX West, #SMXperts Jillian Nagle and Ben Wood look at creative ways to create audiences, leverage search and social and prevent customers from going to the competition.
- Advanced AdWords Strategies to Personalize Experiences and Drive Revenue
Jun 8, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Paid search is brutally competitive. Everyone is using the same tactics to drive conversions. How do you separate your AdWords campaigns from your competitors’ to acquire more customers at a lower CPL? The answer is with personalization.
- The big list of political ad policies from leading social & search platforms
Jun 8, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Are you running political ads? Here are all the latest political ad policies from Facebook, Twitter, Google, Snapchat and more.
- IAB Tech Lab unveils a proposed Ads.txt for mobile apps
Jun 8, 2018 by Barry Levine
It’s essentially the same idea, a file on a web domain that lists valid sellers of that property’s ad inventory. But now there’s a pointer to an app-specific one, from an app.
- Facebook says privacy settings for 14M users were switched to public due to bug
Jun 7, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
From May 18 to May 22, 14M users had the audience setting for new status updates changed to public because of a bug, according to Facebook.