Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce introduces Einstein — an AI layer for all its clouds
Sep 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company is going beyond its previous integrations of computer intelligence, making embedded predictive and other insights a standard part of its platform.
- Twitter’s relaxed character limit doesn’t apply to ads, but there’s a workaround
Sep 19, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter will no longer count photos, videos, polls and quoted tweets against its 140-character limit, but it will for certain ads. Here’s the workaround.
- How to manage local listings for enterprise brands
Sep 19, 2016 by Brian Smith
Getting a handle on the data for multiple-location businesses can be a significant challenge. Columnist Brian Smith provides step-by-step guidelines to making it happen.
- The immediate results of link building
Sep 19, 2016 by Conrad Saam
While conventional wisdom and recently published studies may hold that link building takes a long time to have a positive impact, columnist Conrad Saam begs to differ and shares four case studies.
- Top 10 video creators in August: UNILAD keeps the lead with 2.9B video views
Sep 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
A look at last month’s most watched video creators across YouTube, Facebook, Vine and Instagram according to Tubular Labs.
- Google Trips: Google’s first potentially breakthrough travel tool
Sep 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google bought travel software company ITA in 2010 promising to bring travel searchers next-generation travel tools and experiences.
- Read Gartner’s “CMO Spend Survey 2015-2016: Digital Marketing Comes of Age”
Sep 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
See where spending and expectations are going next as marketers embrace their new role as drivers of business growth. This definitive survey of over 300 top marketing organizations reveals the areas where business are increasing funding for marketing efforts that drive profits and produce digital results in a multichannel world.
- Marketers: Here are a dozen authoring tools to help you get chatty with chatbots
Sep 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
These tools allow marketers to keep up with their new job requirement: automated, intelligent and continuous interaction with customers.
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #28: Shopping campaign success on Google & Bing
Sep 19, 2016 by Matt McGee
It’s a special show this week as we invite three paid search specialists to spill the goods on what makes a successful holiday shopping campaign on Bing and Google.
- Bringing ’90s nostalgia into a mobile world
Sep 19, 2016 by Josh Todd
For Yahoo, it’s too little, too late. Meanwhile, Nintendo is riding on Pokémon Go’s success. Columnist Josh Todd takes a look at the mobile hits and misses of the two iconic brands and explains what marketers can learn from them.
- This major content marketing benefit is worth the wait
Sep 19, 2016 by Kerry Jones
One of content marketing’s biggest perks takes a while to materialize. Columnist Kerry Jones explains why SEO improvements are worth waiting for.
- Large marketers are winning in programmatic (Here’s what you can do to stop them)
Sep 19, 2016 by Kevin Lee
How do you compete against the ‘big boys; in programmatic? Contributor Kevin Lee discusses where large marketers have an advantage and what you can do to level the playing field.
- Can the app-retention crisis be addressed with personalized notifications?
Sep 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Leanplum says behaviorally and time-optimized notifications improve retention.
- Nearly 85 percent of smartphone app time concentrated in top five apps — [report]
Sep 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The comScore data present a relatively bleak picture of digital media landscape if you’re not a dominant brand.
- 2.3 million people tuned into Twitter’s NFL livestream, less than watched Yahoo’s
Sep 16, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter’s NFL livestream attracted 2.3 million total viewers, which is slightly less than Yahoo’s broadcast last year averaged per minute.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Ways Your Sales Team Can Help Your Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Ways Boring B2B Brands Can Kill It With Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 6 Essential Tips to Create More Valuable Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Ways to Make Your Content More Actionable, blog.crazyegg.com
- Are You Fascinating Enough to Be a Content Marketer?, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Marketing Interview Questions & Answers, www.martechadvisor.com
- Does the Content Marketing Industry Have a Measurement Problem?, www.martechadvisor.com
- It’s Tough to Make High-Quality Native Content, www.emarketer.com
- Make Content Marketing Soar with These Improv Comedy Techniques, www.cmswire.com
- Quick And Dirty 15 Minute Content Audit, www.localseoguide.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Game Time For Twitter: Jack Dorsey’s Big Bet On Live Events, www.fastcompany.com
- 4 Tips to Get Your Business Started on Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook ads still slipping past Adblock Plus via stripped-down code, techcrunch.com
- How the 2016 #Emmys played out on Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- How To Make LinkedIn Your Newest Prospecting Tool, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- How to Put Your Social Media Strategy on A Paleo Diet, www.toprankblog.com
- Pinterest Is Using Machine Learning To Help You Find What You’ll Pin Next, www.fastcompany.com
- The Dark Side of Marketing Content on Facebook, www.marketingprofs.com
- Tips for Using the Facebook Pixel, www.facebook.com
- Top 10 Social Media Marketing Trends, www.jeffbullas.com
- Why Fashion Brands Are Thriving on Instagram, www.socialbakers.com
- Will Facebook be the Next Review Platform?, www.searchenginejournal.com