Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- It’s your last chance to save £200 on MarTech
Sep 26, 2016 by Marketing Land
At MarTech Europe, you’ll hear stories from marketing and technology experts about their digital transformation challenges and success. Find out their secrets for building their marketing stacks… and doing it right. Register for an All Access Pass by Friday and pay only £1,095 — that’s £200 off on-site rates.
- With brains like Einstein’s, who needs marketers?
Sep 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
The coming of artificial intelligence to Salesforce and other marketing tools raises the question of what exactly marketers will do.
- Plan device-specific user experience strategies with Google AdWords’ bid modifier
Sep 26, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Google recently announced some changes to the way bid adjustments works in AdWords. Columnist Thomas Stern explains how this might affect your device-specific bidding strategies.
- See how 13 leading SEO software platform providers stack up
Sep 26, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
With hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and even millions of pages, sites and keywords to manage and optimize, enterprise SEO has become increasingly complicated and time-consuming. Using an enterprise SEO software platform can increase efficiency and productivity while reducing the time and errors involved in managing organic search campaigns.
- What’s the Google AdWords Health Score and how is it different from existing tools?
Sep 26, 2016 by Larry Kim
AdWords recently released a Health Score feature that “grades” your account, but is it just a rip-off of an existing free performance grader? Columnist Larry Kim compares.
- 3 tips for tracking response to industrial tradeshow print ads and landing pages
Sep 26, 2016 by Dianna Huff
Columnist Dianna Huff offers some smart advice for how you can measure the digital impact of real-world event marketing efforts.
- Writing a Yelp review that won’t get filtered
Sep 26, 2016 by Brian Patterson
Is Yelp not showing your reviews? Columnist Brian Patterson has some tips for avoiding the review filter.
- What marketers can learn from governments on social
Sep 26, 2016 by Chris Kerns
Columnist Chris Kerns takes a look at top government agency social accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to uncover the innovative ways they’re using these channels.
- How many videos top publishers post daily to Facebook, YouTube
Sep 26, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Top publishers like BuzzFeed, NowThis News and Tastemade are posting more videos a day to Facebook than YouTube. Here’s why.
- The 3 things to look for in a customer-centric marketing tool
Sep 26, 2016 by Jordan Elkind
With a bevy of marketing tools to choose from, how do you pick the right one to help you meet your customer-centric goals? Contributor Jordan Elkind outlines three features that should be a no-brainer.
- Google (finally) launches cross-device retargeting
Sep 26, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
In a big change, Google enables cross-device remarketing for signed-in users.
- With Spectacles, Snap Inc. eyes augmented reality future, raw reality present
Sep 25, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Snap Inc.’s (née Snapchat’s) video-recording glasses, Spectacles, offer a peek at the company’s future and how to secure its present opportunity.
- Getting the most from the Forrester Wave and Gartner Magic Quadrant
Sep 23, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
The pace at which new marketing technology vendors come to market makes technology selection processes extremely tough. Periodically, Forrester and Gartner identify a handful of vendors as leaders in their industry, but the biggest mistake a marketer can make is to narrow choices down to just these vendors.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- App Event Optimizations: What They Are and How to Make Them Work, 3qdigital.com
- App Marketers Are Adopting More Data-Driven Tactics, But Challenges Remain, adexchanger.com
- Driving the customer-engagement flywheel with mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Starbucks is pouring inspirational, non-commerce content into its app, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Most US Smartphone Users Visit Retailer Sites or Apps Before an In-Store Purchase, www.emarketer.com
- The Mobile App Environment Is More Challenging than Ever, www.emarketer.com
- With more than 800,000 apps using Facebook Analytics, focus turns toward education, venturebeat.com
- I Let Facebook’s Algorithms Run My Life For Weeks, www.buzzfeed.com
- 12 Ways to Get More Pinterest Followers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 3 Brands Whose Facebook Influencer Marketing Efforts Stood Out this Summer, www.mavrck.co
- 5 things to know about Snapchat Spectacles, digiday.com
- 6 Tips to Optimize Your Facebook Page, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- CSO Imran Khan Explains Snapchat’s Rebrand to Snap Inc., www.adweek.com
- Facebook Allowing Advertisers to Create Rules for Turning Off Ads, Email Alerts, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Audience Network Category Blocking, www.cardinalpath.com
- How to Use Reddit to Drive Traffic to Your Site, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Migrating Pinterest profiles to React, engineering.pinterest.com
- Millennials Aren’t Shopping on Social Media, www.adweek.com
- What LinkedIn’s Economic Graph Brings to Microsoft, You and the World, www.cmswire.com
- What You Need to Know About Social Media in Nine Easy Charts, adage.com
- Why Millennials Love Visual Social Platforms, multichannelmerchant.com