Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- After slashing programmatic exposure, P&G began advertising on more sites this summer
Nov 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Between January and August 2017, P&G ran ads on 20% fewer sites year-over-year, according to a new report.
- AdTheorent introduces a ‘cost per incremental visit’ model for offline foot traffic
Nov 2, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The company charges a negotiated flat fee for each visitor who wouldn’t have come in without the ad exposure.
- The Google Analytics Social channel is broken: Here’s how to fix it
Nov 2, 2017 by Mark Traphagen
If it seems like Google Analytics isn’t showing you all your social media traffic, it might be time to make some tweaks. Columnist Mark Traphagen explains how to customize your Social channel to ensure nothing gets missed.
- 3 tips to consider before resending that email
Nov 2, 2017 by Scott Heimes
Don’t make the mistake of resending emails to subscribers who have ignored your previous messages. Columnist Scott Heimes shares three alternatives that will help keep your recipients engaged.
- Siri, Safari and Google Search: What does it mean for marketers?
Nov 2, 2017 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu explains how Apple’s recent announcements and updates to Siri and Safari have had a major impact on the search marketing industry.
- The SEO ‘do more with less’ cookbook
Nov 2, 2017 by Bobby Lyons
How do you get the most out of your SEO program with limited resources? Columnist Bobby Lyons outlines his strategy for using analytics data to find areas of the site that, if improved, could drive additional revenue for the business.
- The four pillars of an effective SEO strategy
Nov 2, 2017 by Marcus Miller
Search engine optimization (SEO) can be complex, but columnist Marcus Miller simplifies it by breaking down its key elements into four main categories.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 tips for successful brand collaborations with YouTube creators, Think with Google
- Ask the experts: How to track the offline impact of programmatic spend?, Econsultancy
- Connecting Donors and Driving Change on Facebook, Facebook Media
- Defining the Customer Journey Is Top Barrier to Effective Marketing Attribution, eMarketer
- Facebook’s business is booming, but preventing abuse will cut profits, The Verge
- Here’s how Russia targeted its fake Facebook ads and how those ads performed, TechCrunch
- Only 58% of retailers invest in tech to handle holiday sales spikes, Retail Dive
- Send holiday emails readers can’t wait to open, VerticalResponse
- Social Media Powered by AI Is Here, Convince and Convert
- Using Data to Reach Consumers in Their Daily Lives, MarTech Advisor