Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce boosts its Wave Analytics Cloud with new applications
Sep 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
The updates, from the company and ISVs, increase the utility of data from Salesforce and external sources.
- Apple begins purge of neglected, broken apps, no more ASO with app names
Sep 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Developers will have 30 days to fix the identified problems.
- Google Analytics App now offers Google Now-like automated insights
Sep 2, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Insight cards automatically spotlight positive and negative performance trends for faster analysis.
- Why it’s time to re-evaluate your AdWords account structure
Sep 2, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Many changes and new features have rolled out recently in AdWords, and columnist Frederick Vallaeys believes this is the perfect opportunity to review your account structure.
- Influencer marketing: You’re doing it all wrong
Sep 2, 2016 by Maggie Malek
Columnist Maggie Malek explains how influencer marketing can end up missing the mark and how you can do it the right way.
- Local citations are dead; long live local citations!
Sep 2, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Local citations are often thought to be the bread and butter of local SEO, but are we placing too much importance on them? Columnist Andrew Shotland discusses the results of a study which suggests we might be.
- How social is revealing a new world for the travel industry
Sep 2, 2016 by Chris Kerns
What can social data tell us about trends in the hospitality industry? Columnist Chris Kerns dives into the summer’s social travel data and comes away with three main patterns that marketers can learn from.
- Looking beyond the holiday purchase: understanding customer lifetime value
Sep 2, 2016 by James Collins
As the holidays approach, it’s time to take a close look at customer lifetime value. Columnist James Collins discusses the benefits of using data to determine the CLV of consumers gained during the holiday season and beyond.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 3 Quick Facebook Optimizations To Charge Up Your Performance, www.ppchero.com
- Facebook Split Testing: How to Make Your Ads Better, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook’s Privacy Settings, www.adweek.com
- Facebook, Header Bidding And The Fight For Control Of The Publisher Ecosystem, adexchanger.com
- Here’s How 6 Brands Are Using Instagram’s New Zoom Feature, adage.com
- How to Prioritize Your Social Media To-Do List, simplymeasured.com
- Social Media Users Don’t Want News in Their News Feeds (Report), www.adweek.com
- Welcome to Twitter, @Apple, venturebeat.com