Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Using machine learning to get more value out of your Facebook campaigns
May 4, 2018 by Laura Collins
Contributor Laura Collins explains how to securely get the most out of Facebook’s trove of user rich data and take advantage of its sophisticated machine learning to improve campaign performance.
- Instagram testing a booking & payments feature it first announced more than a year ago
May 4, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
For now, the feature is available to a limited set of partners and businesses on Instagram.
- Augmented reality games: Will this summer’s releases be booms or busts?
May 4, 2018 by Adam Dorfman
Contributor Adam Dorfman tells marketers what they need to know and how they might benefit from the upcoming launches of four AR games.
- Google betting its Assistant can close the wearables gap with Apple
May 4, 2018 by Greg Sterling
New Assistant capabilities announced for Wear OS ahead of Google’s developer conference next week
- The 5 big disruptions to marketing in 2018
May 4, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
The marketing world is in the middle of five major disruptions that are reshaping the industry as we know it: Digital transformation. Microservices and APIs. Vertical competition. Digital everything. Artificial intelligence. These trends are dramatically altering the digital landscape in which business operate and changing how brands function internally.
- The ultimate guide to bot herding and spider wrangling — Part Two
May 4, 2018 by Stephan Spencer
Next up in a series on bots and why crawl budgets are important, Columnist Stephan Spencer explains how to direct the engine bots to what’s important on your site and how to avoid common coding issues.
- Where to find ideas for content your audience will love, look at and link to
May 4, 2018 by Jeremy Knauff
If you’re looking for new, inspirational and trendy content ideas, consider using sites that provide answers and solutions, says contributor Jeremy Knauff. Here are 5 good places to start.
- 6 ways ABM turns classical lead scoring on its head
May 3, 2018 by John Steinert
Don’t be afraid to break the “rules” to drive the results you need, argues contributor John Steinert.
- Facebook Pages will be getting new video metrics & chart tracking engagement throughout video
May 3, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Facebook says it also fixed a bug that resulted in inaccurate retention graph data for videos running longer than two minutes.