Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Instagram’s standalone Direct app can be its version of Snapchat’s new friends-only tab
Dec 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Instagram’s Direct app will give people a dedicated space for their friends, similar to Snapchat’s Friends tab.
- Twitter broadens its AMP support to include analytics
Dec 7, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Twitter says the new AMP analytics feature will help distinguish page views happening on Twitter versus organic page views.
- The importance of targeting branded searches
Dec 7, 2017 by Thomas Stern
Though many search marketers focus primarily on non-branded searches, columnist Thomas Stern believes it’s crucial to invest in a branded search strategy.
- Omnichannel shoppers collide with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, setting new records
Dec 7, 2017 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson shares consumer and search data from the recent holiday weekend — and provides tips for how to use search to boost your omnichannel holiday marketing strategy.
- Here’s what marketers really want for Christmas: 3 tips for building a better approach to data
Dec 7, 2017 by Stefan Benndorf
Getting the most out of your data is on every marketer’s wish list this year. Contributor Stefan Benndorf discusses ways to get your analytics infrastructure in tip-top shape for 2018.
- AMP: A case for websites serving developing countries
Dec 7, 2017 by Alexis Sanders
As the gap in connection speeds between developed and developing nations continues to widen, columnist Alexis Sanders argues that brands can use Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to address this gap.
- Twitter’s ad business has shrunk, but ad buyers say it’s stabilized
Dec 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Unfavorable competition with Facebook and Google — and the commodification of its own inventory — has led advertisers to slow their spend on Twitter.
- Back to basics with these 6 tips for foolproof email marketing
Dec 7, 2017 by Joanna Milliken
With the holidays in full swing, it’s more important than ever to ensure you’re engaging with your audience. Contributor Joanna Milliken shares six tips to deliver email marketing success.
- Report: YouTube set to raise ad prices on premium ad inventory
Dec 6, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Higher rates to go into effect in 2018, despite (or because of) the platform’s brand safety challenges.
- YouTube Director app no longer available after only 6 months since its launch
Dec 6, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The video ad-creation mobile tool aimed at SMBs was announced on June 15 of this year.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 ways marketers can wrangle control of their social ad data in 2018, Mobile Marketer
- Celebrating One Year of Games on Messenger with New Features, New Games and More, Facebook Newsroom
- How Content Marketers Can Use Audio, MarketingProfs
- How To Launch A Brand Ambassador Program With Influencers, MediaKix
- Movable Ink Hires Former Hootsuite and Yammer Executive to Accelerate Global Growth, PR Web
- Test, Measure and Learn this Holiday Season, Facebook Business
- The 5 Key Elements for a Marketing Transformation Project, CMS Wire
- The Top 7 Questions Everyone Has about Email List Segmentation, AWeber
- What Are 2018’s Biggest Content Marketing Trends?, Contently
- What to Do When Your Brand Attracts Earned Media Attention, Convince and Convert