Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google’s location tracking is better now than ever before
Mar 3, 2017 by Andy Taylor
Columnist Andy Taylor notes that Google has improved its ability to track search traffic at the ZIP code level, which is good news for advertisers who employ granular geographic targeting.
- Here’s how & why CDPs differ from CRMs & DMPs
Mar 3, 2017 by Barry Levine
We asked an executive from RedPoint Global if existing customer data systems do the same thing as Customer Data Platforms.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #46: Snap’s IPO, YouTube TV and more
Mar 3, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, the Marketing Land crew talks about where Snapchat is headed now that its parent company has gone public. We also discuss the video ad implications of YouTube’s new OTT TV offering and what advertisers can do about fake news and hyperpartisan sites on the Google Display Network.
- Should you bother rewriting your ads?
Mar 3, 2017 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Rewriting and testing your ad copy may not be the most glamorous way to improve your paid search campaigns, but columnist Jacob Baadsgaard points out that it can be an incredibly effective way to get more bang from your budget.
- How bots ruin on-site experiences for real humans
Mar 3, 2017 by Liad Agmon
Contributor Liad Agmon explains why the problem of fake web traffic extends far beyond advertising.
- How to create a competitive content insights report step-by-step
Mar 3, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
Tackling an in-depth competitor content insights report can be a daunting task, but columnist Rachel Lindteigen breaks the process down into steps to make the process easier.
- Locksmiths try again to sue Google over fake local listings
Mar 3, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Search engines can assert immunity under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.
- Why mobile marketers need to start measuring ROI right now
Mar 3, 2017 by Shani Rosenfelder
Contributor Shani Rosenfelder believes 2017 will be the year that mobile marketers everywhere finally recognize the value of mobile ROI measurement.
- Whitelists vs. blacklists for programmatic media
Mar 3, 2017 by Kevin Lee
Should you use whitelists or blacklists, and does it matter? In the age of fake news, says columnist Kevin Lee, it should matter a lot to programmatic advertisers.
- Google sunsets its AdSense plugin for WordPress
Mar 3, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google says automatic ads and upcoming initiatives will fulfill the plugin’s functionality.
- Facebook Messenger adds option for chatbots to avoid chatting
Mar 2, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger bots can prevent people from typing in text to reply and make them use non-native menu buttons instead.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 5 Steps to an Effective Employee Advocacy Program, Marketo
- 6 Targeting Options on Pinterest, 3Q Digital
- Create Facebook Lookalike Audiences From Multiple Countries or Regions, Jon Loomer Digital
- Does Facebook advertising even work a lick?, Digiday
- Facebook adds a travel-planning feature called “City Guides”, TechCrunch
- How to Recover From a Big Social Media Blunder, Search Engine Journal
- Improving News Literacy Through Collaboration, Facebook Media
- Inside Facebook’s pitch for entertainment content, Digiday
- Publishers Weigh In: Snapchat Vs. Instagram Stories, AdExchanger
- Twitter Ads vs. Facebook Ads: The Social Advertising Smackdown, Flyte New Media
- User Demographics of the Top 7 Social Networks, MarketingProfs