Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google launches new effort to flag upsetting or offensive content in search
Mar 15, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Using data from human “quality raters,” Google hopes to teach its algorithms how to better spot offensive and often factually incorrect information.
- UNILAD & The LAD Bible are the most-watched video makers for 8 straight months
Mar 15, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Tubular Labs’ top 10 video creator list, Unilad and The LAD Bible show no signs of slowing down since taking the lead in July 2016.
- Ad-blocking concerns shift to the video ad industry
Mar 15, 2017 by Alex Bornyakov
Ad blocking has long been a concern for advertisers, but video ads are getting hit especially hard. Columnist Alex Bornyakov explores why this is and offers some solutions to this growing problem.
- 10 AdWords ad copy testing ideas you can use right now
Mar 15, 2017 by Jason Puckett
Wondering where to begin with ad copy testing? Columnist Jason Puckett shares some ideas to get you started.
- Selling the value of link building to management
Mar 15, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
You know that link building is necessary to achieve the results you want, but how do you sell the C-suite and secure budget? Columnist Andrew Dennis shares his advice.
- 7 questions your customers ask, and how your website must answer
Mar 15, 2017 by Stoney deGeyter
All customers have questions about your company and its offerings — whether they know it or not. Columnist Stoney deGeyter shows how you can answer those questions to build trust and boost conversions.
- Salesforce explains why, when it has Einstein, it needs Watson’s intelligence
Mar 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
It turns out that Einstein knows customer data, but Watson knows the world.
- Wayin opens a store where marketers can reuse their most successful campaigns
Mar 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
It allows a brand to repurpose previous campaigns built on the Wayin platform or to assemble new ones from interactive templates.
- 4 things developers really wish every marketer understood
Mar 15, 2017 by Josh Aberant
Contributor Josh Aberant shares the good, the bad and the ugly of developers’ marketing experiences.
- 3 ways your business can leverage third-party location data
Mar 15, 2017 by Aaron Strout
Columnist Aaron Strout dives into NFL fan data and comes away with three ways marketers can think about geotagged data to help them better connect with their customers.
- Is your organization ready to take the plunge into in-house video production?
Mar 14, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The effectiveness of video is undeniable. Surveys taken over the last few years show that executives would rather watch video than read text; buyers are more likely to purchase a product after watching a video about it; and email recipients are more likely to click on a link when video is included.
- New location extension ad format now live on Google Display Network
Mar 14, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Some ads may be converted automatically to the new location-specific display ad format.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry