Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook gives creators new ways to monetize videos, while pushing more users to Watch
Apr 23, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
The moves signal the site’s growing ambition to compete more directly with video platforms like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Video.
- Creating Landing Pages That Convert
Apr 23, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you’re looking to gather leads for your business, you need to have a landing-page strategy. Like every other marketing tactic, this can be done well or it can be done poorly. To see the greatest return on their investment, businesses need to build effective landing pages, then test and optimize them to maximize conversion.
- WFA to brands: Go beyond GDPR for online data transparency
Apr 23, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The organization issued a manifesto asking brands to adopt a mindset of ‘people first’ over ‘data first.’
- Waze and Carto team up for location-based urban intelligence
Apr 23, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The program will provide a mix of historical, real-time predictive traffic and movement data to municipalities.
- Steering digital messaging with behavioral science insights
Apr 23, 2018 by Peter Minnium
Contributor Peter Minnium explains how brands in the information overload era can appeal to the basic human processes that govern decision-making.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- “You’re seeing the lightbulb go off”: Amazon’s ad business is appealing to more buyers, Digiday
- 10 Video Marketing Metrics to Help You Establish ROI, MarketingProfs
- 3 Highly Effective Ways to Tell Your Brand’s Story, Marketo
- Creating Compelling Ads in Instagram Stories, Instagram for Business
- How to Address Consumer AI Privacy Concerns, CMS Wire
- In the Streaming Wars, There Are Many Paths To Monetization, AdExchanger
- Monitoring and Measuring Your Content’s Performance, Content Marketing Institute
- Study: Privacy concerns could weigh heavily on mobile ad targeting, Mobile Marketer
- The implications of voice tech for marketers, from brand to customer service, Econsultancy
- What’s Missing From Your Content Distribution Strategy? The Marketing Funnel, Contently