Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How to launch your employee advocacy program
Aug 30, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Employee Advocacy has emerged as a go-to strategy thanks to companies like Salesforce, Humana, Vodafone,IBM, and hundreds of others across the globe who are pioneering the way with successful programs.
- Test points to likely influence of click-through rate on search rankings
Aug 30, 2016 by Brian Patterson
Columnist Brian Patterson shares the results of a click-through rate test performed on one of the test websites he maintains.
- Facebook is trying to make its coupon product, Offers, a bigger deal
Aug 30, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will now let people save offers to a new Offers tab, remind them when one is about to expire and give brands more control over who can use them.
- Twitter floats better revenue split for creators’ YouTube, Facebook videos
Aug 30, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter offers creators 70% of the revenue from ads against their videos, but will advertisers pay more for those ads than on YouTube or Facebook?
- 3 ways social intelligence shapes hospitality marketing
Aug 30, 2016 by John Donnelly III
Columnist John Donnelly discusses the role that social media plays in travelers’ planning, experience and evaluation and explains how hotel marketers can use this channel to better serve guests.
- Hitting blind spots on the way to gold? Olympics ads remind marketers to sweat the data details
Aug 30, 2016 by Joshua Reynolds
Columnist Joshua Reynolds takes a look at McDonald’s ad strategy during the Games, how Panera Bread moved in on the fast-food giant’s blind spot and what marketers can learn from the outcome.
- All-you-can-eat data deal coming to a programmatic market near you
Aug 30, 2016 by Melody Gambino
As big data continues to grow by leaps and bounds, columnist Melody Gambino discusses the future of programmatic and data deals, and why high-quality data is the key to success.
- EU says Apple owes more than $ 14.5B in back taxes that Ireland must now collect
Aug 30, 2016 by Greg Sterling
EC investigation finds that Apple paid an effective tax rate of less than 1 percent for roughly a decade.
- Report: Apple to be assessed “billions” in unpaid European back taxes
Aug 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The precise figures are under wraps but will be released later this week.
- Google Analytics launches Workspaces for enterprise-level tag management
Aug 29, 2016 by Matt McGee
Users will also notice a slight rebrand, as Google Analytics changes its name to Google Analytics Solutions.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 14 LinkedIn Hacks That Will Triple the Size of Your Network in Two Weeks, blog.crazyegg.com
- 5 Insights That Shed Light on the Most Effective Social Marketing Tactics, www.adweek.com
- 5 Twitter Lessons from Well-known Retailers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 9 Ways to Work Celebrations Into Your Social Media Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Bringing the new Google+ to more people, Google
- Confessions of an ex-Facebook trending news curator: ‘They are just going to get rid of the product altogether’, digiday.com
- Facebook advertising in 2016: a high-level primer, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook’s Ads Manager Went Completely Dark for Some Marketers Over the Weekend, www.adweek.com
- How Sponsored Geofilters Help Brands Boost Organic Reach, mediakix.com
- How to Improve Social Marketing Results with Scheduling, simplymeasured.com
- How to make a Twitter bot in under an hour, venturebeat.com
- Instagram Begins Recommending Stories on Explore Tab, www.adweek.com
- Should Brands Tread Lightly With AI After Facebook’s ‘Trending’ Debacle?, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat makes it easer to create your own On-Demand Geofilters, techcrunch.com
- Twitter targets individual creators for its Amplify ad program, techcrunch.com