Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 13 uses for keyword research to help you win in the search engines
Oct 21, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
Google may have shifted its focus from keywords to “entities” in recent years, but columnist Stoney deGeyter reminds us that keyword research is still an important and useful part of the SEO process.
- ProPublica slams Google for opt-in targeting changes that happened in June
Oct 21, 2016 by Greg Sterling
- Facebook now re-ranks News Feed stories in real time on the client side
Oct 21, 2016 by Matt McGee
An architectural change puts an even bigger premium on speed, as content will be ranked while users scroll through their News Feed.
- Digital demand and supply: The psychology of self-development for digital careers
Oct 21, 2016 by Jim Yu
Are your job skills keeping pace with today’s rapidly evolving digital culture? Columnist Jim Yu discusses ways to get up to speed and boost your career in the digital world.
- Personalized Local Content: Frightful or Insightful?
Oct 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Searchers now use a wide range of devices to shop for nearby products and services, yet it’s a challenge for brands to find consumers online in the “near me” moments that matter. Join our panel of experts as they provide best practices and insights into how brands can connect with local consumers.
- Facebook set to launch international ad campaign for Facebook Live
Oct 21, 2016 by Matt McGee
Company plans two-phase campaign in the US and UK starting this weekend.
- 10 reasons why SEO is just like fitness
Oct 21, 2016 by Kaspar Szymanski
Like getting in shape, ranking well in search engines takes time. Columnist Kaspar Szymanski explains the similarities to help educate clients and neophytes.
- A CMO’s View: How WP Engine’s content marketing works across the customer journey
Oct 21, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
CMO Mary Ellen Dugan shares her vision of how she hopes to tell a better story through the brand’s content marketing strategy.
- WP Engine: Top WordPress plug-ins and themes generated more than a quarter of a billion dollars since 2010
Oct 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
The WordPress hosting service also shares the top dozen plug-ins on its platform.
- Are fake online reviews killing consumer confidence?
Oct 21, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Consumer confidence in reviews is drastically lagging. Contributor Tamar Weinberg explains how brands can take advantage of user-generated content and a smart review process to regain that trust.
- 3 popular CRO tactics (that can backfire terribly)
Oct 21, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
Ready to implement all those great conversion rate optimization (CRO) techniques you’ve learned? Not so fast! Columnist Khalid Saleh warns that if they’re not done properly, your CRO efforts might run into trouble.
- Microsoft beats estimates with $ 22.3 billion in quarterly revenue
Oct 20, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Cloud services were strong, but the company’s consumer devices revenue was generally flat or down, except for Surface computers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry