Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Chatsuite announces new chatbot creation and management features for agencies
Aug 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
The London-based company, one of the first platforms for chatbot marketing, was formerly known as BetterBrand.
- Are marketers missing the mark on mobile?
Aug 25, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
A recent study from Oracle, conducted in conjuction with Social Media Today, found that most marketers are comfortable with social marketing, but they’re still getting their feet wet with mobile. Download this Social Data e-book and learn which social channels are performing the best and why most marketers are planning a mobile strategy next.
- Optimizing your internal link structure
Aug 25, 2016 by Dave Davies
SEOs often focus heavily on accumulating inbound links, but don’t overlook links within your site. Columnist Dave Davies shares his guide for how to structure your site’s internal links.
- 3 things every PPC beginner needs to try
Aug 25, 2016 by Brett Middleton
Are you a PPC newbie looking to get the most out of your campaigns? If so, columnist Brett Middleton has some advice for you!
- Facebook paid $ 22 billion for WhatsApp’s user data, and now it’s getting it
Aug 25, 2016 by Tim Peterson
- Bing Ads Editor now supports separate ads for search and MSN.com native ads
Aug 25, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers can create custom ads for native placements in bulk.
- Amazon launches Vehicles, a new destination for car shoppers
Aug 25, 2016 by Matt McGee
You can’t buy cars (yet?) on Amazon.com, but the company wants Amazon Vehicles to be a car buyer’s starting point for research.
- Snapchat is pushing for shorter ads between Stories, within Live Stories
Aug 25, 2016 by Tim Peterson
With people primed to skip an ad after two seconds, Snapchat is pushing brands to cut their ads between Stories to seven seconds and those within Live Stories to five seconds.
- A CMO’s View: StubHub rebrands itself to show it is “more than just a ticket”
Aug 25, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Launched in May, StubHub’s rebranding efforts included its first-ever global campaign, aimed at reaching a wider variety of audiences.
- Email marketing is more than just hitting the send button
Aug 25, 2016 by Alyssa Nahatis
Looking to step up your next email campaign? Columnist Alyssa Nahatis describes some common mistakes you should avoid and how to personalize your content to drive engagement.
- From great to world-class: How the CMO of Belkin International transformed his organization
Aug 25, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
Moving from a channel-led approach to one that embraces every brand touch point doesn’t happen overnight. Contributors Erica Seidel and Nadine Dietz interviewed Belkin CMO Kieran Hannon about the shifts he’s made since joining the electronics company.
- The wonderful, horrible world of creating a new product category
Aug 25, 2016 by Peter Isaacson
Trying to create a new category in digital marketing can be an emotional roller-coaster. Columnist Peter Isaacson discusses the ups and downs and how to ultimately obtain your goals.
- Jivox launches dynamic personalization for video ads
Aug 25, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Portions of video ads can be customized dynamically with images and copy depending on a viewer’s location, weather conditions and more.
- Twitter adds a button for people to direct-message businesses from their sites
Aug 24, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter and Facebook continue to try to one-up each other as the place online for people to publicly and privately contact businesses.
- ScribbleLive buys SEO platform Linkdex
Aug 24, 2016 by Barry Levine
The acquisition adds organic search optimization to ScribbleLive’s growing content marketing arsenal of algorithms and other tools.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- ‘You can’t get the buy-in’: Marketers confess their biggest content challenges, digiday.com
- 3 Essential Content Marketing Skills, heidicohen.com
- 4 Ways To Win With Professionally Branded E-books, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Ways to Increase Lead Generation With Content Marketing, www.copypress.com
- Activating Strategy with Conversational Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How To Dominate Content Marketing With Machine Learning Tools, www.jeffbullas.com
- Imgur Thinks Its Nerdy Millennial Male Users Will Actually Love Its New Native Ad Unit, www.adweek.com
- Using Science to Create Better Content, mackcollier.com
- What Types of Content Actually Drive Traffic?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Content Marketers Need Digital Librarians, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Tips to Optimize Your Presence on Pinterest, www.razorsocial.com
- 19 Tools to Create Social Media Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Trends That Will Transform Social Media in 2017, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 6 keys to success in social commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- Brands are already using Instagram’s ‘contact’ button for customer service, digiday.com
- Facebook Seizes Header Bidding to Challenge Google, adage.com
- How to Use Facebook Ads to Recruit Top Talent, www.wordstream.com
- Inside Facebook’s (Totally Insane, Unintentionally Gigantic, Hyperpartisan) Political-Media Machine, www.nytimes.com
- Multi-Company Groups Being Tested in Facebook at Work, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Is Bringing Live Scores to High School Football Games This Fall, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Is Reportedly on Pace to Reach 217 Million Users by the End of 2017, www.adweek.com
- Social Selling Has Penetrated the B2B Arena: Here are the Rules, www.martechadvisor.com
- Survey: 41% of Millennials Use Facebook Every Day, www.adweek.com
- The 5 Most Sought-After Types of Content to Curate on Your Social Media Pages, smallbiztrends.com
- Trend report: What’s popular on Pinterest this month, blog.pinterest.com
- Twitter’s Japan revenues overtake UK to be biggest market outside US, www.campaignlive.co.uk
- Two signs you need to refresh your Facebook ads ASAP, 3qdigital.com