Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Ask the #SMXperts series — B2B SEM: Meeting challenges with smart tactics
May 18, 2018 by Pamela Parker
Three very smart SMXperts share their knowledge on cross-channel tracking, LinkedIn strategies and more in this extended Q&A session from SMX West.
- Pause underperforming ads with this updated AdWords script
May 18, 2018 by Daniel Gilbert
If you are running tests on your ads but don’t know how to interpret the results, contributor Daniel Gilbert has an updated AdWords script to help you pick which ads are performing best.
- Better Business Bureau reviews are complex. Here’s what you need to know
May 18, 2018 by Joy Hawkins
Contributor Joy Hawkins hires a pool company and finds that the BBB’s site isn’t as simple as she previously believed.
- Hidden PPC traffic killers
May 18, 2018 by Andrew Goodman
Is your PPC program behaving badly and blocking out perfectly acceptable traffic? Contributor Andrew Goodman looks at five ways to relax an over-tightened account.
- Why Nike’s AR experiment for Facebook Messenger was a hit with its customers
May 18, 2018 by Barry Levine
As augmented reality goes from ‘wow’ to ROI, this sneaker event represents one of the first home runs.
- WFA demands that advertisers take actions that promote ‘a better marketing ecosystem’
May 18, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
With the industry still reeling from brand safety concerns last year, WFA’s Global Media Charter spells out eight principles it wants advertisers to follow.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Ways to Make a Good Email Great, Practical Ecommerce
- 7 Instagram Stories Ideas to Get More Followers, Content Marketing Institute
- Ask a Content Strategist: How Do You Market to Baby Boomers?, Contently
- Could the Breadcrumb Technique Help Boost Your Landing Page Conversions?, Unbounce
- How the Fall of Klout Marks the Rise of Advanced Social Media Analytics, CMS Wire
- Luxury Brand Marketing: How Swarovski & More Work With Influencers, MediaKix
- Magazine publishers with video ambitions see YouTube as safer bet than Facebook, Digiday
- Multi-Channel Marketing: Definition, Data, and a Strategy for 2018, Shopify
- Use AI to Predict What Your Customers Will Do Next, MarketingProfs
- Why retailers should create product landing pages for their shoppable social posts, Econsultancy